Last week, I talked to JoJo Pors, Model, VIP-host, brand-ambassador of certain fashion labels. Today we talk about travelling and his travel tips for you.
Do you travel a lot?
As a kid, I travelled a lot with my parents who worked abroad. Now I travel a lot with my international friends. Friendship is very important to me. And I like to lose myself completely in a country.
What countries/ cities are your favourites for travelling?
1) France, It gives me this laidback feeling and reminds me of my youth. I can recommend seeing the lilac lavender fields. It makes you relaxed, probably also because of the fragrance of lavender.
2) Spain, for the passion of the people, the food and the music. I love Valencia. Beautiful architecture, modern and historical at the same time.
3) Greece. Especially the island hopping from Mykonos to Santorini. This is a wonderful experience. I love the incredibly blue sea and typical bright white houses.
What are your top 5 tips of your two-homelands/ cities, Amsterdam and Lisbon?
- 1) Picnics on the waterfront site of the Amstel and watching the sunset. Watch boats passing by, with beautiful old houses in the background.
- 2) Sit down at one of the terraces of Elandsgracht. No tourists, but main locals from Amsterdam.
- 3) Have a drink in the W hotel (near Dam Square) and the Hilton Sky lounge (near Central Station) and enjoy the marvellous view over the city.
- 4) Have a drink in the 9 streets of the Jordan area.
- 5) Have breakfast at Coffee and Coconuts, which has a surf kind of laidback atmosphere. Healthy food, wonderful place!
- 1) Visit Santa Maria de Beléma small city near Lisbon.
- 2) Take a cab, it’s very rewarding.
- 3) Go to “pink street”the nightlife street of Lisbon.
- 4) Visit Park, a rooftop/sky bar with this amazing view. Difficult to find, cause you can only enter it by a parking garage to drive all up.
- 5) Have dinner at Cevicheria at Rua d. Perdo where you can eat delicious Portuguese Tapas.
What’s your favourite place to spend your time in general?
The place where my friends are. You can spend your time alone in a very luxurious place, but without sharing this with your loved ones, it’s not that much fun.What’s important for you in life?
Health, Love, Humour.
What’s your life slogan?
“Love is worthwhile when you smile”
Do you like to read more about JoJo Pors? Read the first interview about happiness, and more: JoJo Pors; every day counts